Monday, January 5, 2015

Day 1

Today's start to the journey was an 8/10! I started the day with a Slim Fast chocolate protein shake because I needed to get on the road to work, and didn't have time for the breakfast I planned. But, it was good because it took me a couple hours to finish it, so I felt like I was getting more than I actually was. I also used almond milk to save some calories and get some extra calcium!

I was definitely hungry by lunchtime, and I think part of that was how excited I was for the meal! I chopped up an avocado, halved some grape tomatoes and combined them in a bowl with a little lime juice and feta cheese. It was delicious! This will definitely become one of my regular lunch meals, and something I can even be satisfied with when I'm bored on the weekends.

Dinner was also something I was looking forward to. I really like spaghetti squash, and I had some leftover meatballs from my hubby's birthday dinner last week, so that's what I had! I got some more vegetables, and some protein to hold me over and not go to bed too hungry.

I have a semi-sweet tooth, and usually like to end the night with some kind of dessert. For tonight's dessert I cubed up an apple, sprinkled on some cinnamon, microwaved it for 2 minutes, topped it with some redi-whip and enjoyed the crap out of it!

I wanted to do some yoga today, but since I came home with a headache, I focused on getting some work done, drinking water, and getting some Advil into my system.

To cap off the night, I'm off to create a weight loss "board" in my bedroom. I'm going to hang index cards with each pound I want to lose (including rewards every 10 pounds) so I can stay motivated, and can cross off the pounds I've lost and see my progress. I'll be sure to post a picture of it on Twitter when it's fully done.

Thanks for all your support, and here's to hoping that tomorrow will go as well as today!

No comments:

Post a Comment