Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Day 2 - Gimme French Fries!!

I had cravings today. I did pretty well yesterday, but today was tough. I have meetings all day at work, and had lunch catered in. So, I started the day without a full plan. That always makes me nervous when counting calories. I still ended up under my calorie limit, but it was TOUGH.

For breakfast, I had enough time to sit at the table and eat something, so I had some cereal with almond milk. That was enough to get me through the morning.

As I mentioned, lunch was catered in, so I didn't have a choice in the menu. I was lucky that it was sandwiches and soup, so I wasn't tempted by chips. I had half a turkey sandwich, and even picked off the cheese. I was lucky that the vegetable beef soup was broth-based and not cream-based, so I really enjoyed it. It was REALLY good. It came from my local cafe, so I'm excited to know I can still go there for lunch once in awhile and find something yummy and healthy-eating-approved.

After lunch, I felt a little weak, so I allowed myself to have a small cranberry scone for dessert. It was also very yummy, and because it was about half the size of a normal scone, it didn't add too much to my calorie intake. But, sugar always gets my cravings started. After lunch, all I wanted to do was have a giant plate of french fries. With ranch. And cheese. And bacon. I curbed my craving with some pretzels - definitely a healthier choice.

Dinner. Was. AWESOME. I tried out a new way to eat Mexican, and made a chicken fajita bake. I portioned out chicken breasts into a casserole dish, topped the meat with 4 bell peppers, half an onion, and a few shakes of taco seasoning. I ate 6 oz. of chicken, about 1 bell pepper, some onions, and topped all this off with some lite sour cream, salsa, and an avocado. It was really good. It was almost like a taco salad, but without all the lettuce.

I haven't had dessert as of 8:30 pm, and I'm not sure I will tonight. I did allow for some sugar free chocolate jell-o, but I might not feel hungry for it.

Oh! I also exceeded my 8 glasses of water for the day, so that's awesome too!

I've decided that I'm only going to weigh myself once a week, on Saturday mornings. So, I don't know if I've lost any weight at this point, but I can tell you that a button up shirt that was very uncomfortable to wear last week was a little less uncomfortable today! Maybe I'm just less bloated from the decreased salt intake, but I'm counting it as a win for now :)

Tomorrow brings another day of meetings at work, and lunch will again be catered in. But, since it is just an internal meeting and located at my usual office, I will be able to take my lunch. I will have a kale salad with lemony Parmesan dressing (homemade!), topped with golden raisins and toasted pine nuts. The dressing tasted wonderful today, so I'm excited for this tomorrow already!

Until I write again, thanks for your support, and cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment