Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Day 3 - Can you Drink TOO Much Water?

Today was another day full of meetings at work. This actually turned out okay for a couple reasons. First, I didn't have the opportunity to be tempted by snacks. Second, I drank a LOT of water. I had 10 cups before I left the office! I had another 2 cups at dinner, and will have one more cup before bed. Hopefully I can't get hurt from drinking too much water!

Breakfast was good, but not sure I'll have the same thing again. I had an english muffin with a small amount of butter and peach jam. While it tasted good, I think it was too much sugar for a breakfast meal. I was kind of regretting it by 10:30. Oh well. You eat, you learn. Tomorrow I'm going to have an english muffin with avocado instead and we'll see how that does.

Lunch was pretty good. I had a kale salad with some raisins and pine nuts, topped with a lemon parmesan dressing I made. It was good, and held me over for the afternoon.

For dinner, I made stir fry and brown rice, which is one of my go-to meals when "dieting" because I can usually get full, and it tastes delicious. I've found that brown rice really works for me, so I go to it when the meal calls for it.

For dessert, I just had a chocolate chip vitatop. It's a high-fiber, vitamin-packed muffin top with only 100 calories. It satisfies my sweet tooth and saves on calories.

Tomorrow bring yet another day of meetings at work, starting at 7 am. So, it will be a long day. English muffin with avocado is planned for breakfast, a turkey sandwich with avocado and carrots for lunch (not sure on a side yet... maybe celery and peanut butter?), and I'm going to attempt cauliflower crust pizza for dinner. We'll see how that goes. I'll try to remember to get pics! I've been bad about that on Twitter the past 2 days.

On another note, my fitness tracker came in the mail today, so I can better track my steps, and be reminded to get up from my desk and move around throughout the day. I've decided on the Jawbone UP 24, which is water resistant, and will also track my sleep. I'm excited to start trying it tonight.

Overall, I still feel confident I can keep this up, even though I was craving french fries again today. I think that since I've cut back on carbs, my body is missing them. Not to mention the salt.

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week, and a great weekend! Check back tomorrow for another regularly scheduled update!

No comments:

Post a Comment