Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Days 18-23 - Catching Up!

Whew! I've missed writing, but it has been a CUH-RAZY week, and it's not really letting up until next weekend. Work has been nuts with lots of meetings and presentations and conferences coming up. Home has been crazy with keep things in order, cleaning, organizing, laundry, etc.

But, all of this is a good kind of busy. I really love my job, and really love what I have going on at home, and REALLY loving my hobby of dog training once a week. I'm loving the dog training so much that in fact, it will become a more regular hobby in a couple months! More about that at a later date (Mom, I'll fill you in before I post on the blog, no worries :))

So, how's the healthy eating going with all that? Really well, actually. I've lost a total of 5 pounds, and even with a really indulgent food day on Sunday, I've managed to maintain that loss.

I'm lucky that my wonderful husband is starting to go along with the healthy eating, and I'm happy to report that we have found multiple meals that we can both eat and be happy with, and I don't have to fix a second side! I'm also learning to cook just enough for each of us to have a healthy portion so we don't overeat as much and don't have leftovers that are hard to keep track of.

Tomorrow brings a long day at work with a retreat with our Board of Directors. It will be a 10-12 hour day including travel, and I'll have both lunch and dinner provided, so I hope there's something that will keep me satisfied and still be able to stay within my calorie count, or close to it. While I know I will be tired after tomorrow, I'm actually a little happy that I'll be busy and focused all day on work. I'm happy because something very sad is happening tomorrow, and I should be busy enough that I won't get emotional in the middle of a meeting.

Tomorrow at 4 pm, my family's last family dog is going to a better place. Bandit has been with our family for over 10 years, and has been a wonderful addition. Her goofy tricks, looks and attitude are always enough to brighten my day. It will be very odd to visit my parents in a couple weeks and not have her greet me with a big smile and by showing me her belly. I'll miss her sitting up like a big girl to get her 8pm Greenie, and I'll miss her sliding across the kitchen floor to retrieve her stuffed squirrel. I will really miss Bandi, but she's been in a lot of pain lately due to kidney and bladder issues, and it's time to end her suffering. She's led a full life, and we can't be selfish and keep her alive just to keep bringing us smiles and laugh. I will miss her, but am very thankful that has been such a big part of our family.

Here's one of my favorite pictures of Bandit to make you smile, and for me to smile when I look back through this blog. (Sorry Megan and Mom if this made you cry, I was crying while writing it, too).

Now I'll sign off for tonight, and hopefully have enough energy to write tomorrow. Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment