Sunday, January 18, 2015

Day 14 - Not. Good.

Today was not a good day food-wise. Well, I was okay up until dinner. I had my planned english muffin for breakfast, made a quick, healthy stir-fry for lunch, and had some watermelon for a snack.

I had planned to make white chicken chili for dinner, but as the day went on, I got lazier and lazier. So, I didn't feel like making dinner when 6 pm rolled around. Soooo...... I made a very bad decision and asked my husband to go to Dairy Queen and get me a burger and fries. I full intended to eat the burger without the bun to save on carbs, but once I unwrapped the burger, I just inhaled it. And it was delicious. I ate the whole thing, and my fries. And I didn't stop there, even though I should have. I was craving chocolate, and found a full-size Snickers bar. And I ate it.

Needless to say, I am over my calorie limit for the day. I've been eating 1,500 per day, but today I had 2,000. I have been chugging water all day, so hopefully that will help in the long run, but I'm not excited at the prospect of tomorrow. I bet I will be hungry, and will stay that way most of the day.

I plan to do some yoga tomorrow night, so hopefully that will calm me down a bit and I can successfully get back in the swing of things. But for tonight, I'm going to finish a few more glasses of water, and head to bed after watching some more TV.

I am confident I'll be able to get back into the swing of things, but I haven't yet found a great way to deal with my cravings. I'm hoping that I can find, and get in the routine of eating, enough healthy foods that I start to crave those instead. I guess we'll have to see.

I also have to keep in mind that I knew this was going to be hard going into it, and that's why I set a goal of losing 1 pound per week, and I'm not out to try and starve myself just to lose weight quickly. In the end, I want this to be a lifestyle change, but I do hope I get to keep some days of indulgence like today.

Have a great week, and I'll be back online tomorrow to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment