Saturday, January 17, 2015

Day 13 - I Gave In

Weekends are tough for me. I had a big craving today, and I gave in. Today started by sleeping in, so I didn't eat breakfast. Lunch was a brown rice, avocado and tomato salad before heading off to work on some dog training. After dog training, I headed to Hobby Lobby to pick up some framing supplies for a friend's art I have hanging around (well, I will have hanging once I get the framing done :)).

I made it through all of these activities pretty okay. Then, I got hungry after shopping. That's where things went off kilter. At this point, I should mention that today is weigh-in day, and this week I only lost 0.8 of a pound. So, I wasn't feeling so great on my progress. Therefore, when I got hungry after shopping, I was weak and gave into a craving I've been having for Hu Hot-esque food. I wanted noodles and salty, oily sauce sauteed on a big circular grill. Since I was in Des Moines, it was easy for me to give in to the craving and eat dinner at Bang Bang Mongolian Grill. According to the calorie calculations I did, I still did pretty well over all on the day on the calorie count, but I'm hungry again and it's almost bedtime.

I know that there will always be temptations like this, and I need to learn how to eat the foods I crave, but not go overboard. I think I did okay on that tonight, and hopefully tomorrow I won't have cravings since this one has been fulfilled.

I have to do some work from home tomorrow, so I should be able to stay busy and not over-indulge. I plan to make white chicken chili for dinner, will have some type of leftovers for lunch, and probably an english muffin for breakfast. Stay tuned on Twitter later for an update on my calorie count for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment